Land Use Bylaw Amendment

Land Use Bylaw Amendment Request Policy

There are two different types of Land Use Bylaw (LUB) amendments: text amendment or map amendment.

Developing a property can be complex, it is recommended that you book an appointment with Planning Staff to review your proposal prior to submitting an application. 

At times, it may be recommended by the department to apply for a text and a map amendment at the same time to facilitate your proposal.  An amendment must be considered by Council in the form of a bylaw.

Planning ahead is encouraged and important to allow Staff/Council time to process the proposed bylaw in accordance with the Municipal Government Act (MGA) and applicable Statutory and Non-Statutory Plans. 

Timelines may be extended if Council is currently considering a proposed bylaw: Area Structure Plan (New or an Amendment), Municipal Development Plan (New or an Amendment), Land Use Bylaw (New or an Amendment) that may affect your proposal. 

Land Use Bylaw (LUB) 2021-04 Amendments

Bylaw # Descriptions Type of Amendment Status
Bylaw 2021-10 E 1/2 of NW 3-58-9-W4M containing +/- 20 acres be rezoned from CUD to C2

Map Final Readings - passed on June 14, 2021
Bylaw 2021-11

-Deleting and replacing Section 4.23: Relocation of Buildings

-Changing "Oilfield Support Services" Use from (-) not allowed to Discretionary Use (D) in the Industrial District (M)

Text Final Readings - passed on July 26, 2021

Bylaw 2021-13

-Changing "Drive-In Business" & "Drive-In Restaurant" use from Discretionary Use (D) to Permitted Use (P) in the General Commercial District (C2)

Text Final Readings - passed on December 13, 2021