Want to keep chickens in your backyard? 

Chickens are only allowed on lands:

  • over 2 acres in size and
  • zoned as Controlled Urban Development District (CUD).

*The CUD District lands are shown in grey on the Town's zoning map below.

If your lands meet the above requirements, you may apply for development permit to keep chickens. Please apply on the 2nd floor of the Town of St. Paul Office at 5101-50 Street.

For more information, please contact the Planning & Development Team at 780-645-4481.

Want to keep other animals in your backyard?

See Section 5.5: Animal Regulations link in the Land Use Bylaw.

How can I check the zoning of my lands?