- Pending = means the file is in review by the department. (when the file is in this status, the permit will not be able to be reviewed by a citizen until a decision has been made by the Planning Authority of either "approved" or "refused".)
- Refused = means the file has been refused by the Planning Authority.
- Withdrawn = means the file has been withdrawn by the applicant or owner.
- Approved = means the file has been approved by the Planning Authority.
- Incomplete = means the file has been deemed incomplete by the Planning Authority after the initial intake, and further information has been requested to verify compliance with the Land Use Bylaw or the application is pending response from Alberta Transportation.