The Health Professions Attraction & Retention Committee is seeking volunteers to help provide community connections to those individuals, as well as their…
• When approaching an intersection or crosswalk be alert for pedestrians;
• Watch for vehicles stopped or slowing in the lane next to yours. They may be yielding to a pedestrian;
• Failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk carries a fine of $575 plus four demerit points;
• Stay alert and slow down on residential streets, and through school and playground zones.
• Be alert at intersections and always look out for danger when crossing the street;
• Make eye contact with drivers before you cross the street;
• Be seen! Wear brightly coloured or reflective clothing especially when walking in low light or poor weather conditions;
• Abide by traffic signs and signals. They are in place for your safety;
• If you are impaired, seek assistance and alternative transportation.