Needing a Walk In Clinic? Have a look below for days and times that are available. Please call clinics prior to arrival as walk in hours are subject…
Heavy Duty Mechanic/Shop ForemanOur organization is adding a full-time mechanic to the team. Reporting to the Director of Public Works and Public Works Project Lead, and serving all Town departments – the successful candidate will:
• Perform preventative maintenance checks and diagnostic work on Town vehicles and equipment.
• Perform repairs and overhaul various components including; engines, brakes, transmissions, differentials, axel assembles, hydraulic controls, pumps, air compressors and electrical components such as generators/starters.
• Communicate with the Project Lead to order parts and shop materials.
• Knowledge of operating equipment and motor vehicles to test functionality and train operators in use of equipment.
• Utilize and adhere to shop maintenance procedures and information systems.
• Record and complete all administrative procedures such as inspection sheets, authorization forms, Provincial certification forms, Commercial Vehicle Inspections, time entry and service records.
• On occasion, may be required to operate equipment to perform an assigned task.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Class 3 Motor Vehicle Operator’s License including Air Brake Endorsement
• Alberta Vehicle Inspection Certification – Heavy Trucks with Air Brakes
• Certified Alberta Journeyman in the trade of Heavy Duty Mechanic, with additional Journeyman in Alberta Motor Mechanic being an asset
• Welding experience
This position includes a competitive salary and offers a comprehensive benefit and pension plan.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, references and applicable certifications to:
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A0
This posting will remain open until a qualified applicant is hired.
The Town of St. Paul thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.