The Town of St. Paul and County of St. Paul are currently looking to address the long-term planning and development of 588.4 hectares of land located…
Employment Opportunity- Dept. of Utilities - Maintenance PersonnelThe Utilities Department for the Town of St. Paul is looking for a new team member. This position will be permanent full time and will be primarily responsible for the daily maintenance of equipment and buildings within the Utility Department.
Reporting to the Director of Utilities and/or the Utilities Foreman, the focus of the responsibilities of the successful applicant include, (but are not limited to): daily maintenance of buildings and equipment, the repair and maintenance of pump houses, lift stations and water/waste water treatment facilities (internal and external equipment), as well as, laboratory analysis, precise documentation, data organization and record management at our Level III Water Treatment Plant and Level II Wastewater Treatment Plant.
The Maintenance Personnel must understand that they play a vital role in the safe operation of the water and wastewater treatment plants, as well as ensuring safe treatment, disinfection and transmission of potable water to the Town of St. Paul and surrounding area.
• Minimum level of education required: Grade 12 diploma - or equivalent
• Proven mechanical and instrumentation aptitude
• Diverse experience with building/equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance.
• Strong analytical, decision-making, teamwork and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of the team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Applications
• Be physically fit and able to work in all environmental conditions
• Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License – Class 3 with Q endorsement is considered an asset
• A current Level I Alberta Environment and Parks Water Treatment & Wastewater Treatment Certificate and Cross Connection Control Specialist Technician Certificate are preferable, but not necessarily required. Will train as required.
The successful applicant:
• Must be able to meet the on-call protocols and will be placed in the shift schedule/on-call rotation within the department. Regular hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Is expected to perform all work in a safe and time efficient manner, following the safe work policies, practices and procedures for the Town of St. Paul, in addition to the guidelines stipulated by Alberta Environment and Parks.
• Must provide a current/clean Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract – as a pre-condition of employment.
• Preference may be given to applicants with some equipment operation experience.
Annual starting salary for this position is dependent on qualifications and suitability. The Town of St. Paul offers an attractive benefits and pension package.
Interested individuals are asked to submit a cover letter and resume – with supervisory references - via email, as indicated below.
Deadline for applications: February 20, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Director of Utilities
We appreciate and consider all applications submitted, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.