Posted on Thursday July 16, 2015 at 10:45AM
Weeds listed in the Alberta Weed Control Act are a threat to Alberta’s environment, economy and society. They have the potential to degrade habitiats, reduce biodiversity, increase erosion, cause widlfires, reduce property value, create obstacles to international trade and cause reduction in productivity of agricultural land.
Under the Alberta Weed Control Act, Prohibited Noxious weeds need to be destroyed and Noxious weeds need to be controlled. Please refer to Legislation link for a copy of the Act and for more information.
The best method of weed control is prevention. Please familiarize yourself with these weeds on the Alberta Agriculture and Forestry website to avoid introductions and minimize spread on the land you own or occupy.
Author: Town of St. Paul
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Reception Centre for Evacuees has been activated
- TELUS Fibre Optic Network
- Transfer Station - St. Paul Waste Management Facility & Recycling Centre
- Friendly Welcome Program
- Local Resteraunts Support Fort McMurray
- Rural Crime Meeting w/ Minister of Justice - October 29
- Town Talk- October 15, 2019
- Job Opportunities- Senior Lifeguard & GSR
- Town Talk- October 1, 2019