Planning & Development
Planning & Development Department
2nd Floor, 5101-50 Street
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm (Open between 12pm & 1pm)
(Closed Statutory Holidays)
Planning & Development manages land use in the Town of St. Paul, including long-range planning and forecasting, reviewing development permits, subdivision applications, formulating land use plans and policies and conducting public consultation on proposed land use changes. Planning in the Town of St. Paul (like all Alberta communities) is guided by a number of statutory documents.
All planning activities must conform with the regulations outlined in these planning documents. Legislated planning documents including the Municipal Development Plan (MDP), the Land Use Bylaw (LUB), the Area Structure Plans (ASP), and Intermunicipal Development Plans (IDP).
Here are some quick links to other planning processes:
- Compliance Certificates
- Processing steps for Municipal Planning Commission (development permits with a discretionary use or variance)
- Processing steps for development permits with a permitted use
- Development Permit, public notices for decisions issued in 2021 by the Planning Authority
- How to amend the Land Use Bylaw
- Building Permit, Gas Permit, Plumbing Permit, & Electrical Permit information
- Interested in subdividing your lands?
- Want to know the zoning of your own property or another property?
- Notices for public hearings and other public notices
- Policies related specifically to Planning & Development / Legislative Services
- Bylaws related specifically to Planning & Development
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB)
Have a question? Our team is happy to help, please see our contact information below.
Members of our Planning & Development Department:
Aline Brousseau, Director of Planning & Legislative Services | Ph. 780-645-1766
Jim Laidley, Planning & Legislative Services Officer II | Ph. 780-645-1762
Christine Warkentin, Planning & Legislative Services Officer I | Ph. 780-645-1758
Katelynn Malo, Planning & Legislative Services Clerk | 780-645-4481
To reach our general email box, please click here.
Last updated: April 16, 2021