Municipal Election 2021
The next municipal election will be held on October 18, 2021.
There have been changes since the 2017 Municipal Election that may affect you.
The nomination period for the next general election is between January 1, 2021 until September 20, 2021 (12Noon).
The Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA) was recently updated, please click here for a copy.
Nomination Day will be held on September 20, 2021.
Once the candidate package is available, it will be uploaded here as information.
Are you qualified to be a candidate in the upcoming election? (see Section 21: Qualification of Candidates of the LAEA):
- a person that is eligible to vote in that election;
- a person that has been a resident of the Town of St. Paul for 6 consecutive months immediately preceding nomination day (September 20, 2021).
Are you ineligible to be a candidate in the upcoming election? (see Section 22: Ineligibility of the LAEA)
- a person is the auditor of the Town of St. Paul;
- a person is an employee of the Town of St. Paul for which the election is to be held unless the person takes a leave of absence;
- a person is indebted to the Town of St. Paul of which the person is an election for taxes in default exceeding $50.00;
- a person is indebted to the Town of St. Paul for which the election is to be held for any debt exceeding $500 and in default for more than 90 days;
- a person as, within the previous 10 years, been convicted of an offence under the LAEA, the Election Act, the Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure Act or the Canada Elections Act.
Information will be updated as it becomes available.
Voting Station: St. Paul Recreation Centre (4802-53 Street)
*next to the UFO Landing Pad
One (1) Mayor and six (6) Councillors will be elected for a four year term.
Please check this page regularly to keep informed.
Page last updated: October 30, 2020