Planning & Development Complaints

If you find that a building, business, or activity doesn't comply with the rules in the Land Use Bylaw you may file a written complaint. To file written a complaint, please complete the form located here.

The Town of St. Paul can take action if someone builds a building or runs a business that either accidentally or purposefully ignores the Land Use Bylaw.  This process is compliant driven.  Once a complaint is made to the Town, through the Planning & Development department, staff investigates the complaint and where appropriate issues a formal notice for the offence.  If the offence is not remedied by the deadline in the notice, fines may be imposed.